Tattoo Removal 411 is the premiere resource for finding
tattoo removal specialists in West Virginia.
We provide a directory of specialists in WV
specializing in tattoo removal procedures such as Laser
Tattoo Removal, Intense Pulsed Light Therapy (IPL), Excision
and Dermabrasion. If you have questions regarding
tattoo removal or just want to learn more about the procedure,
we invite you to contact one of our doctors for a private
by: Ryan Lambert
When you've decided that you've had enough of your tattoo, laser tattoo removal is the best option for removing your unwanted tattoo. However, many tattoo removal patients have questions about the procedure and some of them experience apprehension before they have their first treatment. If patients ask a few questions at an experienced clinic and are satisfied with the answer, they'll feel much more confident in their decision to have their tattoo removed. Here's the top five questions a tattoo removal patient should ask:
1) Do you specialize in this procedure? Medical providers who exclusively offer this treatment will have the most experience and will be able to give the best recommendations on what it will take to remove your tattoo. Some clinics offer dozens of cosmetic procedures from facelifts to Botox to laser hair removal. They will likely only do a few treatments removing tattoos each week and probably haven't done the procedure enough to have perfected it. At the minimum, this will mean you'll have to go in for more treatments that necessary, and at the worst you may be damaged if they are using the wrong equipment with the wrong settings. Visiting a clinic that specializing in tattoo removal will guarantee that the right equipment is being used and the medical staff is highly qualified for the procedure.
2) What sort of laser should be used for tattoo removal? The best medical lasers for this procedure are Q-switched Nd:YAG lasers, such as the Cynosure Affinity QS or Medlite C6. These lasers use two wavelengths of light to break down the ink in a tattoo and are powerful enough to remove deep tattoos but gentle enough on the skin to limit side effects. The incredibly fast pulse from the laser breaks up the ink while leaving surrounding tissue undamaged. Plano tattoo removal patients should never accept a treatment from a clinic that uses other kinds of lasers - such as those used for laser hair removal, facial resurfacing, etc. Precise wavelengths are used for removing a tattoo and only tattoo removal lasers will have the correct settings and safety equipment for this procedure.
3) Do you offer a free consultation? Free consultations allow the patient a great opportunity to ask these questions and others face-to-face with the medical staff at the clinic. Normally, tattoo removal clinics will offer a 5-15 minute free consultation and then be able to perform the first treatment immediately if the patient wishes to move forward with removing their tattoo.
4) What qualifications does the provider have to perform the treatments? Plano tattoo removal patients should know that the state of Texas requires that a nurse practitioner, physician assistant, or physician perform the laser treatment. If a technician performs the treatment, one of these medical professionals must be physically present in the clinic to supervise the procedure. Also, the provider should have completed a "certified laser specialist" training course and be a "laser safety officer".
5) How do you make yourself available to patient phone calls and questions? One of the most important elements in the practice of medicine and nursing is being available to handle patient questions before, during, and after a medical procedure. Although laser tattoo removal is a relatively simple outpatient procedure, many patients will have questions or want to "check-in" with the clinic after the procedure. Making sure up front that the clinic is prompt in returning phone calls and emails is important to you having a good experience.
Bio: Ryan Lambert, President of New Look Laser Tattoo Removal. My tattoo removal Dallas clinic is located on Preston Road just south of George Bush Turnpike and can be reached by calling 214-632-6300. We offer a free consultation for new patients and only perform one procedure - laser tattoo removal. The leader in Dallas tattoo removal is located at 17101 Preston Road Suite 225 Dallas TX 75248.
Other keywords used to find this page:
West Virginia Tattoo Removal ,
West Virginia Laser Tattoo Removal ,
West Virginia Intense Pulsed Light Therapy (IPL) ,
West Virginia Excision ,
West Virginia Dermabrasion